7.29.2010

Is Frozen Yogurt really that Healthy?

I was reading in August's, Cooking Light Magazine and they had a little blurb about Frozen Yogurt. I don't know about you, but I catch myself telling myself that I can eat more frozen yogurt than ice cream because it is 'yogurt'- therefore it must be much healthier than ice cream.
 This is what cooking light had to say,  
"Frozen Yogurt is not regulated by the FDA, meaning the scoop in your cone could be made entirely from yogurt--- or could be ice cream with a little yogurt stirred in."

--- The National Yogurt Association does sponsor a voluntary labeling program for frozen yogurt; To see if your frozen yogurt actually contains 'yogurt', look for the "Live and Active Cultures" seal on containers of frozen yogurt.
Really every single frozen yogurt could be different in nutritional value. Be sure to check the labels for calories, fat etc.  Don't just assume that is healthier because it is frozen yogurt and not ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment