4.16.2010

Kitchen Scissors = Kitchen Bliss

One of my favorite and most used kitchen tools are my  
KITCHEN SCISSORS.
 The make preparing meals so much easier, quicker, and cleaner. 
You can use your kitchen scissors in place of a knife for the following things.
  • Cutting chicken breasts, tenderloins etc. into strips or small pieces. I use frozen chicken pieces all the time. This makes it so quick and not as messy. Also works on other meats like steak, bacon, ham, hot dogs.
  • Snipping your vegetables -- it works especially great for lettuce, spinach etc.
  • Slicing pizza. This works best with a thin crust.
  • If you have a toddler, use this to cut up all kinds of foods into smaller pieces- grapes, pasta, veggies etc. It is safer and easier than a knife.
  • Snipping herbs like parsley, basil, chives, and cilantro.
  • Cutting garlic into little pieces.
  • Cutting dough.
Don't forget to wash your scissors after use in hot, soapy water.
So if you are scissorless in your kitchen, get a pair. You don't need a fancy pair. I got mine at either Target or Walmart for less than $10.00 and they cut great.

4 comments:

  1. I have those same scissors!!! And honestly, I have a little freak out moment if I can't find them, use them for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I actually have a couple pair of ER snips, they cut everything and wash up really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using these for pizza since you're not supposed to use the pizza cutter on the pizza stone (so strange to me)! They were a huge help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you guys are all with me on this one!

    ReplyDelete