10.31.2009

1 Pound a Week.

Weight loss is one of those things that seems so difficult. The media is constantly advertising the latest and greatest miracle diets that will help you lose pounds in no time.  I am not an advocate of fad diets..... because really what it comes down to is the science behind the numbers.  And really it is a very simple equation. 

 Formula to Lose 1 Pound a week 
Calories In = Calories Out
3,500 Calories = 1 Pound

*To lose 1 pound a week, you must have a negative balance of 500 calories each day for 7 days.
 

Do this by either:
-Exercising off 500 additional calories
-Eating 500 less calories
-Or combining less food consumed with more exercise
100 extra calories a day = 10 pounds extra weight gain a year
Pounds add up faster than you think!
Healthy Eating + Working Out = Healthy Weight LossYour browser may not support display of this image.

2 comments:

  1. I'm down 5.5 lbs so far. Your blog keeps me motivated! Thanks so much! have a good week and hopefully I will be down another pound next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci- I just found your blog and I love it!! Why have I never seen it before. You are so awesome! I wish I could go back to the days of you living with me and helping me with what I eat. Kac is awesome losing 5.5lbs I feel like I have been the same weight and size forever no matter what I change. You blog is so awesome! Hopefully it will motivate me (:

    ReplyDelete